Sunday 30 October 2011

The Design of Debbie & Dave's Wedding day


It was a bright autumn day at Pittodrie House
With a beautiful view over Mountain Bennachie.
My job in designing for Debbie & Dave's big day was to give the venue a vintage feel.
Included in the decoration of Pittodrie House
were my Handmade jars with unique quotes individually typed up using my Grandfathers old typewriter.
Each piece of Fabric used on my jars are sourced second hand, adding to the vintage feel.







The threads on each label were customised to Debbie's wedding colour which was a gorgeous pink.
Also included in the decoration of the venue was my handmade Doilly bunting which hung in the Billiard room along with my heart cut outs pictured below.








The room where the ceremony was taking place had to be extra special so I adorned my birdcage with flowers and decorated the tables with some of the beautiful flowers which were designed by Mairi.
she owns a beautiful shop called Flourish in Aberdeen.
You should check out her website as she hires out stunning vintage china and arranged all of Debbie's flowers which were truly beautiful
http://www.flourishhome.co.uk/








So I think a congratulations is in order for the new Bride and Groom and I hope you had a perfect day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention Alison ... I think between us we achieved just the vintage feel that Debbie and Dave were after ... and it was fun ... exhausting but rewarding! Mairi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all gorgeous Alison...

    Was lovely to meet you today and hope to se eyou again soon..

    Kirsti xx

    ReplyDelete